Monday 19 October 2015

Youth Lead 4

Today I departed to Fontainebleau for a short week of bouldering. We had to take a short detour to the Neoliet climbing gym in Tilburg in order to climb the last youth lead competition. Since I spent the last week on a school study trip to Berlin with lots of partying I was not in the best of shapes. 



The first qualification route was a though one with lots of awkward sloping holds. Climbing did not go smoothly but somehow I managed to reach the second highest point. 














The second route was a steep jugfest, which went really well. Completely pumped I could clip the top draw and I qualified for the finals in a second place. 



The final route was again very steep but this time on a combination of slopers and small crimps. 

The final battle for places 1 till 4 was fought out on two holds. Climbing was hard and did not go too well. In the end I emerged from this battle with the bronze medal, which pleased me a lot especially since the differences between 1st and 4th place were so small.




Todays competition was the last out of a series of four to qualify for the Dutch youth championship, which will take place in three weeks time in Rocksteady in Bussum. There were also medals for the overall ranking over these four lead competitions and Im very proud that I took the gold medal in the youth lead competition 2015.

Congrats to Zeno for winning the fourth youth lead in the B cat.

I am proud of RTC West. We dominated in the male overall competition with 3 gold medals in all categories, Don, Vincent and myself 1st place. And not to forget Tiba who did really well today and took silver both in todays competition and overall.




And now Im really siked to hit some real rock again. It has been a while since I have been to Fontainebleau. It is by far my favourite bouldering spot, even better than Rocklands and the ultimate test piece.