Sunday 8 May 2016

Fontainebleau Spring break 2016



I just returned from my spring break and Fontainebleau was the last stop. I spend 5 days climbing in the beautiful forest. The sunny weather was a warm welcome after the snow and hail storms in the UK but the friction sucked. My sweaty hands and high temperatures are not best friends. Nevertheless, I had a great time bouldering with Trevor. It was great to help each other in the problems we tried.




I am very happy that I managed to do Smash a 7B jump in Roche aux Sabots. I had tried this jump on several trips to Bleau but never managed to get even close to sticking the top. Now after numerous tries I managed to do the jump. And did it again immediately after that to put it on film.


After being able to do Brass Monkeys in the peak, a very nice 7C boulder I had high hopes of sending a 7C in Fontainebleau. I have sampled a number of them but they all turned out to be too hard for me. I came very close in Kendo but not close enough. Maybe next time. 

See below for a movie.