Sunday 28 June 2015

Dutch Youth Championship Bouldering

Today was the Dutch Youth Championship Bouldering. I qualified first because Nikolai who won the overall 2015 boulder cup does not have the Dutch nationality. I had high hopes but things turned out differently. I should have flashed the first boulder but I was too careless and it took me 3 attempts. I should have sent the second boulder but I didn’t. 



Boulder 3 and 4 were difficult. I managed to get the bonus on boulder 3 in the first attempt which was quite an achievement but that was not enough for a place on the podium. I ended up in fourth place which was a big disappointment. I know I am strong and I know I can climb well but for one or the other reason I am not able to show my competence at competitions. That really sucks. 


I am very proud of Tiba who managed first place in the female A category. After a difficult season for her she crushed het competitors by climbing really well today. Thumbs up for Tiba. Also major congratulations to Don. He did really well and up until the last boulder gave Marc some serious competition. Congratulations to Zeno as well who took the gold in my category.
Although the results could have been better, I had a nice day. Good times in the isolation, the boulders were cool and it was great to see all my friends again.