Thursday 18 June 2015

Hitting Puberty

Hitting puberty is a strange experience. Your body is changing a lot. I went through an enormous growth spurt, lost control of my body and motor skills

but luckily that settled down after a while. I am getting stronger now. Energy is not all lost anymore to growing in length but is now geared towards muscle build up. This also means that I am quickly outgrowing my clothes. Luckily enough a new shipment from my sponsor NIHIL arrived recently.  A new body in new clothes. I am a happy man with my new NIHIL attire. Thanks Irene.

I am currently enjoying the strength training of Jorg a lot and have recently started to do extra strength training with Jelle and Wieneke to get fit for my trip to South Africa. I have the feeling that my training is paying off. Boulders that I was not able to do a couple of months ago now come within reach, which feels good. I also seem to have built up a little reserve for lead climbing. 

My endurance sucks but I can compensate this to some extend with power. This resulted in a third place in the first national youth lead competition last Sunday. The two qualification routes went very well. I qualified shared first with Zeno for the finals. Unfortunately I made a mistake in the final route but that was still good enough for the bronze medal. There is certainly room for improvement but I was satisfied with this result.