Thursday 6 August 2015

Happy Flashes and Quick Sends


It has been 5 climbing days since my last post. I am getting used to the style of bouldering in Rocklands. The rock is very sharp and heavy on the skin and most of the problems are quite powerful. One of the best problems in Rocklands is the Rhino, they even have a sandwich named after it at the Hen House. As already posted on Facebook I managed to climb the Rhino, which is my first real 7b+ boulder.


Most of the 7A problems go down relatively smoothly. I have flashed Kiesel, Human Energy and Panic Room. Some 7As take a bit more time to figure out how to tackle them. Vanity is an example of a boulder I had to work in for quite some time. Sunset Traverse was also trickier than it looked at first sight. Dave Graham who was working in Monkey Wedding on the other site of the boulder, provided the beta for the first couple of moves and cheered me on through the last couple of exposed moves.















I managed to flash Barracuda Rail a nice 7B, which is a long traverse on slopers with a tricky last part. I was very happy with that result. I did not struggle too much in Born into Struggle a 7B+. After figuring out the correct way to place a couple of toehooks that problem went down quite fast as well.



Yesterday I ticked of Minki, 7B. This boulder required more attempts then I had anticipated. It is a beautiful boulder with technical heel and toe hooks and kneebars.















I am currently working in some more difficult boulders, which do not seem impossible so I hope to be able to report about this in a later post.