Sunday 17 January 2016

The Plastic season has arrived, Boulder 1

Yesterday was Boulder 1 in Cube Enschede. The first match out of four to qualify for the Dutch boulder championship. I am turning 16 in 5 months’ time so for me this is the first year I can compete in the senior league.

Hitting the boulders with 35 other contestants all being very strong was a great experience. The boulders were nice but tough. As I had expected I could not top a lot of boulders. But I am still pleased that I could top three out of the eight,which resulted in the 27th place out of 36. The result is not great but is does not discourage me and I will be back for Boulder 2. I had a great time and it surely was a good practise.


The finals were really nice to watch, great boulders and good to see my friend Don perform so well. Congratulations to Remmelt. It is great to see such a technically able climber take the first place.